Have you ever thought about the benefits of steel buildings? In the last few years, the popularity of steel has grown not only for commercial and industrial buildings but also for residential applications. If you’re interested in taking this route, Nelson and Son Construction Service in Denver specializes in high-quality steel buildings so that you can enjoy the benefits: substantial savings, faster construction time, low maintenance cost and durability.
Standard Frame Models For Steel Buildings
- The Gable Symmetrical has up to 200 inches wide clear span.
- The Gable Unsymmetrical has up to 175 inches wide clear span.
- A Lean-To is up to 75 inches wide and is mostly used as a low-cost add-on to building frame, office space or additional storage.
- A Multiple Span has an unlimited width with interior columns and is great for use when building large manufacturing and warehouse spaces.
- The Single Slope is up to 175 inches wide and is mostly used as retail or commercial store fronts and offices or warehouses.
Depending on your steel source, you’ll have a number of options to choose from when it comes to the color of your steel so that exposed steel beams inside or outside of a building doesn’t need the extra step of painting. Color options typically include lightstone, pearl gray, polar white, slate gray, sand gold, burnished slate, Sahara tan, Hawaiian blue, rustic red and fern green.
Uses of Steel Buildings
With the popularity of steel buildings increasing in the construction industry, the uses for steel buildings has expanded. Using steel buildings offer many benefits that you might not have thought about. Steel buildings can be used for almost anything including, homes and barns or sheds, and commercial and industrial buildings like airplane hangars, churches, gyms, recreational buildings, retail shops, riding arenas, schools, self-storage, strip malls, sports arenas, and warehouses. We could go on!
- Time Savings: Generally, steel buildings can be built faster.
- Easy Modifications: The size of a steel building can be changed easily. Many have adjustable panels that can be fit to your needs. Expansion of a steel building is also easier.
- Resistant to Fire: Since they are made of steel, they are more resistant to fire than traditional wood.
- Easy to Maintain: Steel buildings do not require a lot of upkeep and no need for termite checks.
- Durability: Steel buildings are better in bad weather conditions like hurricanes, heavy snow, high winds, and even earthquakes. They also have proven results in withstanding termites, cracks, splitting and rotting.
- Cost-effective: The price of steel buildings is usually much cheaper than traditional building methods.
- Environment-Friendly: Using steel instead of wood saves trees. Steel frames can even be recycled.
Whether it’s a residential, commercial, or industrial space you want to construct, the benefits of steel buildings may convince you to make it your construction material of choice. If you decide you want a steel building, our builders at Nelson and Son Construction Service in Denver are experienced in steel construction and are ready to help you. Call or contact us today for more information.